What is the AT&T SASE security solution?
AT&T’s Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution is offered by technology providers overlaid upon managed SD WAN services. The SASE solution is offered as Branch via Fortinet, or standalone via Palo Alto Networks. Please see below for a breakdown of each offering:
AT&T Branch SASE with Fortinet:
- The AT&T Branch SASE solution is powered by Fortinet and offers branch connectivity through an integrated single box solution. This offering provides proactive AI-informed threat protection and granular network performance analytics. The AT&T/Fortinet solution is managed 24/7for tasks such as: monitoring, SD WAN policy and firewall configuration, deployment and ongoing maintenance. By removing these everyday tasks corporate IT teams are available to focus on more critical operations thereby improving efficiency and employee productivity. This solution can help improve the performance and security of the enterprise network though the combined use of integrated Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) and SD WAN.
AT&T SASE with Palo Alto Networks:
- AT&T SD WAN with Palo Alto Networks: For details regarding the Palo Alto SD WAN solution please refer to “Palo Alto Networks” under, What is the AT&T SD WAN Solution?
- AT&T Secure Remote Access: AT&T Remote Access is provisioned by the technology providers, Zscaler and Palo Alto Networks. The AT&T Remote access solution offers features such as: Secure Web Gateway, VPN options, Domain Name System (DNS) security, Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Machine learning-powered threat prevention and Firewall as a Service (FWaaS). The Remote Access solution can be deployed as either a managed or co-managed solution with 24/7 monitoring and help desk support. This solution improves the user experience and network security by ensuring that teleworks are only able to securely access the required applications and resources applicable to their role.
- AT&T Secure Web Gateway: The AT&T Secure Web Gateway is a single pane, cloud based, managed service that offers deep packet inspection of encrypted web traffic and content access restrictions to provide unified protection from web based threats, reporting and visibility into all network locations. The managed service offers 24/7 monitoring from the AT&T Security Network Operations Center. This solution helps to secure teleworkers, ensure compliance with industry regulations and accelerate the migration of corporate resources to the cloud.
AT&T SASE with Cisco:
- AT&T recently launched a new managed SASE solution based on Cisco. The service offers clients constant management, policy design and configuration and security. Dynamic traffic routing and WAN optimization are also included.
AT&T Managed Threat Detection and Response (MDR):
The AT&T MDR solution is built on the AT&T Unified Security Management (USM) Platform and is powered by AT&T Alien Labs threat intelligence. This solution offers 24/7 monitoring and disruption of advanced threats as well as investigation by AT&T expert SOC analysts. Alien Labs offer continuous and automatic threat intelligence and visibility into the global USM sensor network, AT&T IP backbone and the Open Threat Exchange (OTX).
AT&T offer various solutions to secure and manage endpoint devices including: SentinelOne, VMware Workspace One, IBM MaaS360, McAfee Endpoint Protection, MobileIron and Lookout Mobile Endpoint Security.