What is the Check Point SASE security solution?
Check Point’s SASE solution is Harmony Connect. It features the following: Next Generation Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System, Advanced Threat Prevention, Secure Web Gateway, Data Loss Prevention and Zero Trust Network Access. The cloud-based solution allows for quick deployment and the ability to secure both branch and remote Internet and cloud connections. It features a personalized user portal (see, What Reporting and Management is Available Via the Check Point Portal?), single sign-on integration with identity providers, security for managed and unmanaged devices, zero trust access control, clientless remote access, and full layer-3 VPN access (early availability).
What ZTNA (Zero Trust Network Access) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point offer ZTNA-as-a-Service through Harmony Connect Remote Access for fast deployment. The service can secure access to corporate networks and applications when present in public and private clouds, IaaS and data centres. The solution also provides intuitive clientless access to SSH, RDP, web and SQL-based resources with the capability to cater to the needs of employees, engineers, DevOps, third-party users, diverse personnel and administrators. The service also includes Security Gateways, which allow clients to create network segmentation across LAN environments and public and private clouds. The service offers visibility into the groups, applications, users, connection types and machines on a client’s network - with the capability to enforce a Least Privileged access policy, meaning that only authorized users can access protected assets. The solution can also help defend against Direct Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Zero Trust Workloads secures workloads such as the public cloud - the solution offers cloud security that integrates with all public and private cloud infrastructures with complete visibility. Providers include Azure, Oracle Cloud, AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, NSX, OpenStack, Alibaba Cloud, Cisco ISE and Cisco ACI. Zero Trust Devices allows clients to block any compromised devices from accessing sensitive data and assets. Assets include users’ workstations, mobile devices, Industrial Control Systems, and IoT devices.
Check Point Identity Awareness ensures that only authorized users can access sensitive data by checking the authenticity of user identities with Single Sign-On, context-aware policies, anomaly detection and Multi-Factor Authentication. For remote users, Harmony Connect Remote offers least privileged access using identity providers, integrating into directories, and with Privileged Access Management (PAM) as-a-Service for DevOps, administrators and engineers.
Zero Trust Data is Check Point’s data protection solution. It secures data between mobile devices, databases, workstations, servers, and SaaS applications. The solution features data encryption and data loss prevention whilst classifying and categorizing data.
What CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point’s CASB solution is part of the CloudGuard SaaS solution. This CASB 2.0 features an advanced threat protection policy and CASB services. For more about Check Point’s CloudGuard Solution, please see, What NDR (Network Detection and Response) solution is supported by Check Point?
What SWG (Secure Web Gateway) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point’s Secure Web Gateway uses Application Control, URL Filtering, Identity Awareness and Analysis, Integrated Antivirus, and Reporting with an optional Intrusion Prevention System and Anti-bot. This solution provides granular reporting and forensic tools for event analysis and granular policies at both the user and user group levels. The Secure Web Gateway identifies malware using ThreatCloud global security intelligence. It blocks access to phishing and malware websites through URL Filtering controls which include a database of over 200 million websites. Unified reporting, control and enforcement help to protect machines, applications, the web and users. Clients can deploy this solution through cloud security gateways, security gateway appliances and CloudGuard Connect, Check Point’s cloud security service.
What FWaaS (Firewall as a Service) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point offers a range of hardware-deployed Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) as part of their Quantum Security Gateway solution. They provide zero-day protection using SandBlast Zero-Day Protection, and each of their NGFW solutions comes with a one-year license for SandBlast. The updated range of appliances leverages Infinity Architecture. The solution offers R81 unified security management control across clouds, IoT and networks. Each device integrates consolidated management and advanced threat prevention to protect against cyber attacks.
- Quantum Edge: A Branch Virtual Security Gateway designed to protect Check Point’s branch SD-WAN Cloud Connector from security threats, designed to create a secure connection between the branch office and the cloud, using Threat Prevention. The solution is deployable as either a virtual machine on SD-WAN or a universal Customer Premises Equipment (uCPE) device. The solution integrates with SD-WAN from VMware, Cisco, Citrix, Aryaka and Versa Networks, featuring: cloud or enterprise management options, privacy and compliance maintenance, lightweight embedded VM with one core, 1GB RAM and 1GB disk, integration with an on-premise SD-WAN Edge; and integration with VMware SD-WAN Edge devices.
- Quantum Maestro: Check Point offers clients Hyperscale cloud security, which allows them to simplify data centre workflow orchestration while scaling up existing Check Point security gateways as required. Clients can stack multiple Check Point security gateways to create a virtualized private cloud premise. The Maestro Orchestrator is a Hyperscale Security Solution designed to protect next-generation data centres, with the capability to scale up existing Check Point security gateways as needed. The solution can expand from a single gateway to a maximum capacity of 52 gateways. Newer models include a 1U form factor designed for hyper-scale implementations.
- Large Enterprises: Check Point offer large businesses their 15000/16000 Series appliance, which includes Quantum Security Gateways for easily managed comprehensive security protection.
- Data Center and High-End Enterprise: Offers Check Point’s 26000/28000 Series appliance for data centre-grade hardware leveraging Quantum Security Gateways.
- Branch Office: Clients looking for branch office solutions can choose between 1600, 1800 and 3000 Series hardware appliances, which include Quantum Security Gateways in small form factor to fit branches and small offices.
- Quantum Spark: A Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) for Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) offering threat protection and security gateways to provide security for up to 500 employees, leveraging WebUI for management and reporting. Clients can manage the solution from a mobile application or web portal. The service is delivered using 1500, 1600 and 1800 Series hardware appliances. This solution includes IPsec VPN, SSL-VPN, intrusion prevention, anti-bot, sandblast threat emulation, NGFW, anti-spam, SandBlast Threat Emulation, application control, and web filtering.
- Midsize Enterprises: Leverages Quantum Security Gateways with Gen V in one security gateway, provided by a 6000 Series hardware appliance
- Industrial Appliances: Check Point’s Quantum Rugged delivers Threat Prevention to protect Industrial Control Systems for industry verticals such as energy, utilities, transportation and manufacturing using 1570R Wired and Wireless Models.
- Quantum Scalable Chassis: Designed for clients whose networks are growing, leveraging the Quantum Scalable Chassis with chassis-based and multi-bladed systems for scalability. This service uses the 44000 and 64000 Series hardware appliances suitable for large data centre and telco environments.
What MDR (Managed Detection and Response) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point’s Managed Security Service, Horizon MDR offers 24/7 monitoring or fully managed service and leverages Check Point's ThreatCloud threat intelligence platform. The service provides monitoring, analysis and advanced tools to mitigate threats. The MDR solution includes policy tuning and optimization, real-time phone, web and email notifications, and Global ThreatCloud intelligence feeds. As well as access to a web portal and periodic reports, 24/7 security event monitoring all year round and support for URL Filtering, Threat Emulation blades, Anti-Bot, Application Control, IPS and Antivirus. This solution supports existing IT teams by automating the analysis of customer events and providing 24/7 access to Check Point’s Security Operations Centers to monitor and diminish threats.
What NDR (Network Detection and Response) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point offer CloudGuard as their NDR solution. CloudGuard is a unified, cloud-native solution that offers Cloud Security Posture Management, Cloud Workload Protection, Cloud Application Security, Cloud Intelligence & Threat Hunting, and Cloud Network Security & Threat Prevention. From a single platform solution, organizations can secure their multi-cloud environments and prevent threats by gaining visibility into cloud traffic and leveraging a centralized platform for assets, security alerts and auto-remediation. Security and posture management helps to prevent threats, and Automated DevSecOp helps to resolve vulnerabilities whilst also reducing false positives enabling IT security teams to focus on the threats that matter. CloudGuard provides cloud security across multiple platforms, such as Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Kubernetes, Oracle Cloud, and VMware.
What XDR (Extended Detection and Response) Solution is Supported by Check Point?
Check Point's Horizon XDR solution is currently running an early availability program. As such, the details of which are available upon application. Typically, XDR solutions collect and automatically correlate data across cloud workloads, networks, emails, endpoints and servers. XDR aims to improve the speed of detection of threats and more efficiently investigate security risks.