Crown Castle Products and Services:
Crown Castle's services offering includes both wireless and fiber solutions. These include Small Cells, Towers, Managed SD-WAN, Managed Security, Ethernet, Private Networks, Fixed Wireless, Colocation and more. Please see below for products/services offered:
- Outdoor Small Cells
- In-building Solutions
- Rooftop Installations
- Monopole, Lattice and Guyed Towers
Cyber Defense One:
- Multiple tiered levels of support
- Behavioural analytics and detection
- Dedicated SOC resource
- 24/7 monitoring of events/logs, suspicious activity and alerts
- Monthly customer touchpoint
- Threat detection, triage and analysis
- Proactive analysis and threat hunting
- Remote incident investigation and remediation recommendations
- Monthly summary and compliance reporting
- Monitoring, reporting, analytics
- Automated template provisioning
- Same IP address failover
- Application visibility and control
- Application QoS and SLA
- Dynamic path selection
- Multiple WAN links (2+)
- Virtual wire
- Site-to-site VPN
- CGNAT, VLAN, VXLAN tagging
- DNS, CHCP, aggregate ethernet
- Denial of service
- L4 stateful firewall
- Topology (any)
- Routing and load balancing (advanced)
- Throughput (10Gbps)
- Service chaining and gateway
- High availability
- FEC, cloning, striping
- SSL inspection
- URL reputation and filtering
- L7 application control
- IP reputation and filtering
- Bandwidth up to 10 Gbps.
- Network designs are unique and built to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Edge devices and software licenses, supporting up to 10Gbps.
- Service includes installation, fast service provisioning, site activation, maintenance and support.
- Unified network view with portal access for performance monitoring, utilization reporting, analytics, historical data and near real-time tools.
- Support for multiple underlay options, including IP, MPLS or bring-your-own-transport.
- Add-on features for increased reliability:
- Around-the-clock monitoring
- Attack detection
- Threat notification
- DDoS Emergency Services - Available upon request for a period of 24 hours, for an additional charge
- Standard increment increases to port speed from 10Mbps to 10Gbps circuit capacity.
- Renew circuits or schedule bandwidth changes in near-real time or in advance of your application requirements.
- Portal to view active and pending circuit upgrades.
- Management of user access from within your environment, including assigning which users can make changes to the network.
- Speeds from 10Mbps to 100Gbps
- 24/7 network monitoring
- 802.1Q VLAN and 802.1 QinQ tunnelling supported
- Switched and dedicated bandwidth configurations
- Dedicated access links with multiple protection options
- Layer 2 transport - Standards-based IEEE Ethernet service
- Technology certified by MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0, MEF 9 and MEF 14
|Specification||Metro-E Advanced Private Line||E-Line||EVPL, E-LAN|
|Technology:||Layer 2 Ethernet over private fiber||Layer 2 Ethernet over DWDM or fiber||Layer 2 Ethernet over MPLS or fiber|
|Throughput:||1Gbps - 10Gbps||50Mbps - 100Gbps||10Mbps - 10Gbps|
|Interface:||10 GigE||GigE or 10 GigE||GigE or 10 GigE|
|Framing:||Jumbo Frames up to 9100||Jumbo Frames up to 9100||Jumbo Frames up to 9100|
|Network Management:||24/7 monitoring and surveillance||24/7 monitoring and surveillance||24/7 monitoring and surveillance|
|Network Options:||Metro configurations||Long-haul and metro configurations||Long-haul and metro configurations|
|Availability:||Available at most on-net locations throughout the Crown Castle fiber network||Available at most on-net locations throughout the Crown Castle fiber network||Available at most on-net locations throughout the Crown Castle fiber network|
|Topology:||Point-to-point||Point-to-point||Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, multipoint-to-multipoint|
Source: Crown Castle (2022). https://www.crowncastle.com/resources/solution-sheet/ethernet.pdf
- Bandwidth ranges from 100Mbps to 10Gbps
- Ethernet: E-Line point-to-point delivered over Fixed Wireless
- Internet: dedicated Internet Access over Fixed Wireless
- Microwave: Frequencies/range* - 6 - 42GHz / 40km
- mmWave: Frequencies/range* - 60GHz (V) / 500m, 70 - 80GHz (E) / 8km
- *Dependent on region's maximum rate of rainfall
- FCC-permitted radios and resilient, carrier-grade equipment
- Supports capacity options from 1Gbps to 10Gbps.
- Private Ethernet connectivity between customer locations.
- A direct fiber path provides consistent, low-latency performance for delay-sensitive applications.
- Our dense metro fiber footprint gives you more diverse paths and unique routes.
- Our Ethernet product portfolio is backed by robust Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
|Technology:||Layer 2 Ethernet over private fiber|
|Throughput:||1Gbps to 10Gbps|
|Interface:||1GE or 10GE|
|Framing:||Jumbo Frames to 9100 bytes|
|Network management:||24/7 monitoring and surveillance|
|Network options:||Metro configurations|
|Availability:||Most on-net locations throughout our network|
- Connections to multiple Tier-1 peering points and data centers
- IPv6-compatible, dual stack connection capable
- Configuration of routing and primary/secondary DNS registration
- Connectivity and performance verification
- Solutions offered include Internet Access, Dedicated Internet Access or Burstable Internet Access.
- Cloud connectivity
- VPN access for individuals and remote sites
- Email, IM and social media traffic
- Internet research
- Collaboration between offices and with customers
- Viewing and streaming educational videos
- VoIP and video conferencing
- Customer access to e-commerce applications
- Access to cloud-based applications
- Data backup and archiving
- Access to any cloud type, including private, public and hybrid cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Ethernet, Wavelength and Internet Access Connectivity Options
- Secure and direct connection between office, data center, or colocation environment and cloud service provider
- Extends LAN infrastructures to assist with WAN, MAN or SAN connectivity.
- Bandwidth that is flexible, transparent and supports most significant protocols.
- Protected and unprotected configurations.
- MPON solution that offers Dark Fiber benefits without the cost.
- FIPS-certified Layer 1 optical encryption is available.
- Dedicated bandwidth at full line rate.
- 24/7 network surveillance and monitoring.
|Bandwidth:||OTU 1-4 Fiber Channel, 1 GigE, 10 GigE, 40 GigE, 100 GigE, OC-x, 1Gbps to 100 Gbps|
|Protocol independent:||Open interfaces support all major transport protocols: Ethernet, IP, SONET, Fiber Channel, SAN, SD/HD-Video.|
|Optional route diversity:||Implement service on multiple routes to ensure the highest availability possible further.|
|Optional optical protection on diverse routes:||Switch between active and backup paths to limit the impact of network events.|
|Availability:||Both metro and long-haul networks.|
|MPON:||Fully managed, custom-designed fiber solution with private fiber and dedicated WDM equipment.|
|Bit Error Rate:||1x10-9|
|Mean Time to Repair (MTTR):||4 hours|
|Availability:||Both metro and long-haul networks|
- Flexible space, power and connectivity options
- Backup power
- Environmentally controlled infrastructure
- Secure access
- Data center operations
- Carrier interconnection
- Disaster recovery/business continuity
- Off-site business applications
- The most direct fiber routes within the New York, New Jersey and Chicago financial markets
- Point-to-point optical Wavelength and Dark Fiber solutions
- Custom networking designs and flexible configurations
- NIST-Compliant AES-256 encryption
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) algorithms
- Diffie-Hellman secured key negotiation (including Elliptic Curve)
- X.509 certificate support for authentication
- Easily integrates into enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) using x.509 certificate-based authentication.
- Support for Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
- Hitless AES-256 key rotation every second
- TLS-secured and mutually authenticated interface for encryption management
- Elliptical Curve certificates
- Bandwidth options & handoff protocols -Encryption over Wavelength: 10Gbps: 10 GigE, FC800, FC1200, OC-192, OC-192c
- Encryption over Managed Private Optical Network - 10Gbps: 10 GigE, FC800, FC1200, OC-192, OC-192c / 40Gbps: 40 GigE, OC-768 / 100Gbps: 100 GigE
- Protocols protected - Optical Encryption is protocol agnostic, encrypting all payload data, at all packet and frame sizes, at the total line rate. The service covers all major transport protocols, including Ethernet, IP, SONET, Fiber Channel, Video Transport and OTN.
- Availability specs are unique to the network design delivering the encryption service. Route diversity options are available and failover to ensure the highest availability possible.
- Encryption Service over Wavelength (10Gbps): FIPS 140-2 Level 3, FIPS 197 – AES-256, IBM GDPS, EMCW, Brocade
- Encryption Service over Managed Private Optical Network (10Gbps, 40Gbps, 100Gbps): FIPS 140-2 Level 2·FIPS 197 – AES-256, IBM GDPS, EMCW, Brocade
- High-capacity network solution
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Complete service control and reliability
- Coverage in a wide variety of North American Metro Areas
- Tier 1 - Video Transport: High-performance, dedicated networking of ASI, SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 3G-SDI video formats, Flexible video format support, Compressed or uncompressed, Fully dedicated, physical layer, Dedicated, all-fiber access
- Tier 2 - Enhanced Video Transport: Advanced Video Transport management functionality, including Fault alarm forwarding, In-service port monitoring, Test pattern generation
- Tier 3 - Optional Enhancements: JPEG 2000 Support