What is the GTT SD WAN Solution?
GTT offer SD WAN solutions leveraging their Tier-1 global IP backbone with over 700 PoPs worldwide, spanning 6 continents and more than 140 countries. Overlay offerings are based on a choice of Silver Peak, VeloCloud and Fortinet, backed up by GTT’s engineering team who help clients choose the best option to suit business needs. Each offering contains network-based gateways.
Combines Ethernet with underlying MPLS network whilst leveraging GTT’s Tier-1 global IP backbone to create integrated and secure connectivity between the IP backbone and the internet using on-net SD WAN gateways.
- P-bit Prioritization for Class of Service: Allows for segmentation into four classes in order to ensure that latency-sensitive applications are given priority to deliver optimal end-user experiences.
- Varying Bandwidth Options: Clients can use an aggregated committed data rate (ACDR) plan which enables bandwidth sharing across ports, reducing the amount paid for idle capacity. Also includes flat-rate billing and burstable ports to cope with data spikes.
- Routing: Clients can maintain full routing control of traffic without sharing IP addressing or the routing table. Both IP traffic and non-IP traffic can be transmitted with no need for encapsulation or conversion.
- Reporting: Real-time visibility into network performance, with the ability to view billing and order status and track real-time statistics via the Ether Vision portal.
- Port Types: Available port types include, Fast Ethernet (Fast E), Gigabit Ethernet (Gig E), 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 Gig E), 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100 Gig E).
Ethernet underlay is available in point-to-point and multipoint configurations, with dynamic routing support and global coverage. Clients can use flexible bandwidth options that range from 10Mbps to 100Gbps with established network-to-network interface (NNI) from partner networks creating seamless last-mile coverage.
Universal Customer Premises Equipment (uCPE):
uCPE hosts software versions for vendor appliances, which separates software used for services from packet processing and physical connections - to learn more about uCPE and it’s purpose in SD WAN, please see our article here.
The GTT uCPE services various types of virtualised network functions (VNFs) which can be combined into a service chain, next generation firewall (NGFW) or virtualised switching fabric. This increases customer agility to make deployment and upgrading VNFs and services quicker.