What is the Perimeter 81 SASE security solution?
Perimeter 81 offers a SASE solution which is designed to protect all areas of a client’s network, supporting on-premise and remote users by securing branch offices, data centres and cloud resources in one solution. Clients are able to implement a least-privileged strategy with strictly enforced access control. Using this, clients can control how users interact with business resources, such as application access, user and group identity and sensitive data.
Perimeter 81’s SASE solution is capable of integrating with local and cloud resources, and can be deployed as either hardware or software, offering the capability to integrate with third-party solutions to create improved visibility across the network. The Perimeter 81 SASE solution includes the following features:
• Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA): Provides centralized network management of all hardware and software infrastructure. The Perimeter 81 ZTNA offering features: DNS filtering, automatic Wi-Fi security, Unified platform for managing cloud resources, unlimited bandwidth and data availability, multiple global private and public VPN gateways, 24/7 customer support, monitoring and logging utilities as well as auditing and reporting capabilities. The Perimeter 81 ZTNA solution enables multi-tenant cloud, 2FA and single sign-on clients in a unified network platform supported by zero trust access when used in conjunction with SASE. This provides a simplified enterprise network topology that provisions security on all devices, allowing for safe, low latency remote access. The solution is supported by cloud agnostic integrations and content filtering such as IP whitelisting and precise user segmentation secured with IPsec tunneling for total endpoint encryption.
- Firewall as a Service (FWaaS):See, What FWaaS (Firewall as a Service) solution is supported by Perimeter 81?
- Device Posture Security: Perimeter 81 offer Device Posture Check, which ensures that access to critical resources is only granted to devices that meet security posture rules. Those who do not meet standards are blocked. The Device Posture Check solution is able to analyze devices such as iOS, MacOS, Linux, Windows and Android to check for Windows Registry keys, specific files and processes, anti-virus software, certificates and disk encryption. The solution is also capable of monitoring device inventories, providing login history, failed and successful posture checks and general health. Session information such as user, device type, time, attached policy and OS are also included. Further, the solution offers clients a multi-layered security model, which includes segmented networks, with optional security functions such as Automatic Wi-Fi Security, Domain Name System (DNS) filtering and 2FA.
- Networking as a Service (NaaS) with Integrated Security: Perimeter 81 offer NaaS, which integrates security and network management into a client’s local and cloud-based resources on one platform, delivered as a Service. The solution is often chosen to replace legacy VPNs as they use less hardware, and do not require the same level of management for configuration and maintenance. NaaS encrypts traffic with a range of TLS protocols available such as SSL, Wireguard and IPsec. It offers networking and security integration in cloud-based SaaS applications such as AWS, Salesforce and Google Suite, whilst offering automatic Wi-Fi security, DNS filtering and multi-factor authentication. The service offers low latency as clients can locate their resources near to one of Perimeter 81’s 50 global managed data centers and can be managed via a control panel. The solution includes applications for Android, Mac, Windows and iOS.
- Cloud Access Service Broker (CASB): Currently Perimeter 81 does not offer CASB capabilities, however when implemented, customer security policies can be extended to the architecture of Cloud Service Providers.
- Secure Web Gateway: Reduces the attack surface by ensuring that web browser traffic is compliant with company policies to mitigate web based threats. Perimeter 81 does not currently offer a Secure Web Gateway