The best SASE vendors are: Cato, Cisco, Cloudflare, Forcepoint, Open Systems, Palo Alto, Versa, VeloCloud and Zscaler. Comparion of features should include FWaaS, ZTNA, SWG, CASB, MDR and SD WAN with cloud native capability.
List of the top 10 SASE vendors:
- Cato Networks - the first true SASE vendor, easy to use with low false positives.
- Cisco - primarily WAN edge but virtualisation is increasing, massive partner eco-system.
- Cloudflare - offering a number of options in addition to SASE which includes full integration with their other products.
- Forcepoint - SASE with an agent based encryption service requiring no VPN client.
- Fortinet - high performing WAN edge devices with strong security experience and history.
- Open Systems - SASE and SD WAN designed to meet the needs of medium to large enterprise business.
- Palo Alto - capable of delivering highly complex security requirements with SD WAN integration.
- Versa Networks - cost effective with good features capable of delivering to all sizes of business.
- VeloCloud - VMware solution which includes huge partner support and experience within virtualisation.
- Zscaler - security vendor used as an integration partner for many of the leading SD WAN providers.
What is a SASE solution?
SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) is a Gartner framework which consists of technologies which include FWAAS, ZTNA, SWG, CASB, MDR and SD WAN virtual network overlay services. Importantly, SASE should be cloud native.
Cato EDR, XDR and MDR are provided by SentinelOne.
Open Systems EDR, XDR and MDR are provided by Microsoft.
Zscaler EDR, XDR and MDR are provided by SentinelOne.