SD WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network) solutions incorporate security technologies to protect the confidentiality and integrity of data traversing SD WAN over the Internet between endpoints distributed across office locations and remote users.
Common SD WAN security features include:
- Dynamic encrypted tunnels protected by AES (Advanced Encryption Standard).
- Network threat intrusion detection and prevention.
- Network segmentation and isolation to reduce the attack surface.
- SASE and SSE technologies which include firewall, ZTNA, SWG (Secure Web Gateway), CASB and MDR.
- Reporting visibility to assist network administrators in identifying security issues and risks.